SERMON NOTES May 3, 2020
THE BLESSINGS OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. – Revelation 1:3
Blessing #1: We approach ________________ more ____________________ See Revelation 1:12-17
Blessing #2: We love the ________________ more _______________________ See Revelation 2-3
Blessing #3: We ________________ more _______________________ See Revelation 4:1-11
Blessing #4: We endure ___________________ more _______________________ See Revelation 7:9-10
Blessing #5: We speak ___________________ more _______________________ See Revelation 10:9; Revelation 11:3-7; Revelation 11:17-18
Blessing #6: We see ________________ more _______________________ See Revelation 12:9; Revelation 13:1-8
Blessing #7: We will ___________________________ more _________________ See Revelation 19:9; Revelation 22:20
DEEPER LIFE QUESTIONS
THE BOOK OF REVELATION, Pt 2
1. Where do you see yourself on the spectrum of being “Too afraid of Jesus” and being “Too comfortable with Jesus”?
2. Read Revelation 1:12-17. How does John describe Jesus? How does this help you see Jesus?
3. Chapters 2-3. Where are you on the spectrum between “Churches are full of hypocrites” and “Church is awesome”? Where do you see Jesus on this spectrum? Why? Why do some people despise the Church? Why do some people love the Church?
4. Chapters 4-5. Describe your Sunday morning routine as you get ready for worship. What helps you mentally enter the throne room of Heaven? What distracts you from entering the throne room of Heaven? Are you able to see past the things of this world? Are you able to see past yourself? Are you able to focus on the greatness of God and the goodness of Christ? Are you compelled to worship?
5. Chapters 6-9. Why is there suffering in the world? How does the Word of God (the Promises of God) help you when you suffer?
6. Read Revelation 10:9-10; 11:3-7; 11:17-18. What prevents you from witnessing for God? Do Christians need more training? Or more boldness? What inspires you to speak the Word of God? What gives you courage?
7. In Revelation 12-18, John refers to false religion and godless government as beasts of Satan. What does he mean by that? How does this affect how Christians should live?
8. Are you ready for Jesus to come today? (Revelation 22:20) Do you long for Christ’s return (2 Timothy 4:8) Are you ready for a world with no more curse, no more death, no more crying, no more pain? Are you ready to see Jesus and live in His presence?