Currently offered three times a week.
Sunday Nights 5:00 – 7:00 pm with child care.
Monday Nights 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
Thursday Nights 6:30 – 8:00 pm.
Week of November 24th – 30th
Text: Hebrews 13
1. What has stood out to you about our study of the Book of Hebrews?
What has it revealed about Jesus?
What has it revealed about living by faith?
2. How important is it to love one another?
How hard is it to love one another?
Do you see the church like “family”?
3. What do you think about the command to entertain strangers?
When was the last time you opened your home to a stranger?
What are some obstacles to entertaining strangers?
What are some possible ways we can entertain stranger?
4. How can we remember those in prison?
5. How important is it to honor Marriage & Sexual Purity?
How is Marriage viewed & treated by the world?
Why is this important?
What can we do to elevate Marriage?
6. How can you keep your life free from the love of money?
7. How can we honor our spiritual leaders?
Why should we honor our spiritual leaders?
8. What are the two sacrifices mentioned in Hebrews 13:15-16?
How can we do this?
Week of November 17th – 23rd
Text: Hebrews 12
1. What was your favorite sport to play as a child?
What do you remember about practice?
2. What discipline did you receive as a child that you now appreciate?
3. How do your REMAIN faithful to God for the long haul?
4. What kind of things may hinder your faithfulness?
What helps you to be faithful?
5. What joy did Jesus receive from enduring the cross?
What joy can we expect to receive if we endure?
6. What’s the purpose of God’s discipline?
How should you respond to God’s discipline?
7. Hebrews 12:14 commands us to make every effort to 1) live at peace and 2) to be holy. How’s that going for you?
8. What responsibility does a Christian have in regards to bitterness? (see Hebrews 12:15)
9. What is this passage comforts you?
What in this passage make you uneasy?
What in this passage excites you?
Week of November 10th – 16th
Text: Hebrews 11
1.Who displayed great faith in God to you as a child?
2.How important is faith?
3.Do you have faith? How do you know you have faith? What is faith, so that you can know you have it?
4.What verbs describe faith?
5.What about faith do we learn from Abel? Enoch? Abraham? Jacob? Joseph? Moses’ Patents? Moses? Others?
6. What great achievements were accomplished through faith?
7.What price was paid for having faith?
8. How does Hebrews 11 encourage you in your faith?
9.Who are some heroes of faith who inspire you today?
10.How has your faith in God afftected you?
11.What verbs would you use to describe YOUR faith?
Week of October 27th – Nov 2
Text: Hebrews 9
1. What do you remember being off limits to you as a child? What were you told not to touch?
2. List furniture and fixtures of the Tabernacle? (See Exodus 25-40)
What stands out to you?
What is the significance of each item?
3. What do you think might have been your attitude about the Tabernacle if you were a a) Gentile? b) Jew? c) Priest?
4. How does Jesus fit in all of this? (See Hebrews 9:11, 24-28)
5. What is the Holy of Holiest places to you today?
6. Hebrews 9:9 tells us that the earthly Taberbacle is an
illustration. What does it illustrate to you?
7. Where are you in the Tabernacle of God? On the outside?
In the Holy Place? In the Holy of Holies?
Week of October 20th – 26th
1. What are you most prone to forget? (Names? Birthdays? Your “To Do” list? The promises of God? Scripture References?)
2. What is a Covenant?
What is the significance the God initiates the Covenant?
3. What was wrong with the Old Covenant?
What was the purpose of the Old Covenant?
4. What is the significance of the New Covenant?
How does it differ from the Old Covenant?
5. What is the significance of the Old Covenant to those who live by the New Covenant?
6. Are you living by the Old Covenant? Or the New Covenant?
7. What aspect of the New Covenant do you value most? (God’s Law is within you? You belong to God? Knowing God? Having your sins forgiven?)
8. What does the New Covenant require of you?
Week of October 13th – 19th
1. Do you feel that the eyes of the Lord are upon you and that his ears are attentive to your cry?
Psalm 34:15? If not, why not?
2. Do you believe that God hears you when you cry out to him?
Psalm, 34:17, Psalm 10:17
3. Who do you seek out when you are overwhelmed with trouble?
4. What bible verses do you take comfort in during times of heartbreak and trouble?
5. What has been your most difficult trouble? How did you get past it?
6. How have you overcome a broken heart? (a crushed spirit?)
7. How big is your God? Is he able to help you during your times of a broken heart?
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 29th – OCTOBER 5th
TEXT: Hebrews 7
1. What is your impression of priests?
2. What’s the difference between a priest and a preacher?
Why does our church not have a priest?
3. How did Abraham regard Melchizedek? Why?
Why did Abraham tithe to Melchizedek? (Fund Raiser???)
4. What is meant by “perfection” in Hebrews 7:11?
5. Why do you have the audacity (confidence) to think
that you are safe in God’s presence?
6. How do YOU draw near to God?
How did the Israelites draw near to God?
How SHOULD we draw near to God?
7. Is it significant to you that Jesus is your High Priest?
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 22nd – 28th
TEXT: Hebrews 6
1. What are some BIG life lessons you learned when you grew up and left home?
2. How have YOU been enlightened?
How have YOU tasted the heavenly gift?
How have YOU experienced the Holy Spirit?
How have YOU tasted the goodness of God’s Word?
How have YOU tasted the power of God?
3. How have you responded?
4. Have you ever fallen? (See Proverbs 24:16)
5. Can you identify with the Prodigal Son?
6. Have you ever struggled to accept God’s Grace? (See John 6:37; Romans 5:20)
7. Does God expect you to be perfect?
8. What does God expect you to do?
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 15th – 21st
TEXT: Hebrews 5
1. Describe some of your childish ways that you are grateful you grew out of:
2. Describe spiritual childishness:
3. What’s the problem? (Hebrews 5:11)
4. What’s the remedy? (Hebrews 5:14)
5. What’s the goal? (Hebrews 5:14)
6. Is discernment lacking among Christians today?
7. Give some examples of how you have grown as a Christian.
8. How would the world be better if Christians were more Spiritually mature?
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 8th – 14tt
TEXT: Hebrews 5
1. What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
2. What does rest mean to you? Do you associate rest with religion?
3. What do you believe the Promised Rest in Hebrews 4:1 is talking about? Is is something in the future? Or something available now? (See Hebrews 4:3;Psalm 62:1)
4. How would you describe God’s rest (Hebrews 4:10) to someone who is not a Christian?
5. What “efforts” (Hebrews 4:11) can help you enter God’s rest? (See Matthew 11:28-30, John 6:27-29)
6. What does it mean that God’s Word is living and active? That is penetrates? (Hebrews 4:12)
7. How has obeying God’s Word brought you rest?
8. What is God saying to you in the passage?
WEEK OF SEPTEMBER 1st – 7th
TEXT: Hebrews 3
1. When did you first encounter the Power, Presence, Provisions of God?
2. Did the Israelites experience all of this? Then, why the bitter water? Why no food? Why the giants? Why were they afraid of the giants? (Numbers 13:31) What was their problem?
3. Do you see any similarities between the Israelites and the Church today?
4. How’s your heart? How’s your faith? What keeps you obedient to God?
5. Are you having any difficulties trusting God? (See Hebrews 3:12)
6. How do YOU need to be encouraged to live by faith? (See Hebrews 3:13)
7. How can we encourage others to live by faith? (See Hebrews 3:13)
8. How can we encourage one another to encourage one another so that we are a church full of encouragers?